Each piece at DDeco has been carefully handcrafted and worked on with love. We believe in delivering nothing but the best. As much as one denies it, all natural jewelry can tarnish with time if proper care has not been taken. Everyday wear and tear, dust and pollution contribute to such deterioration. Therefore, we advise all our clients to indulge in a little jewelry care routine every time you wear jewels, more so with pearls and softer stones. Also, once a year you must invest in a professional jewelry cleaning service to restore the shine and glamour of your possessions.
General Instructions for jewelry care:
- Remove jewelry when showering or bathing. This is particularly important when you're on the beach or in contact with chlorinated water. If they come into contact with chemicals, rinse it with plain water immediately.
- Avoid wearing jewelry when doing physical work such as housekeeping, gardening or while working out.
- Never expose your delicate pieces to household cleaning products, especially bleach and highly reactive solutions.
- Avoid spraying perfumes or hairsprays on the gemstones or pearls as it hinders the integrity of the material.
- Always wear your jewelry after you are done with applying makeup, creams to avoid the residue build up on your precious gems. This will make it dull.
- Store each piece either in a separate jewelry pouch or in boxes with separate compartments. If they rub against each other, it can even cause scratching, chipping and entanglement.
- Keep jewelry away from humid environments , store in a cool and dry place.
- Clean jewelry in a tub/ bowl of water and never in a wash basin. Sometimes the gemstones studded on a piece of jewelry become loose in their settings and mounts. Do not rinse them in a sink or wash basin, there is a risk of losing gems.
Jewelry cleaning method:
Just like you take care of your loved ones, take care of your priceless possessions as well. They deserve that little attention every now and then. Your piece of jewelry is individual, but this general guide shall come in handy :
We advise you to use a soft, lint free cloth for an effective cleanse. This keeps silver, yellow and rose gold jewelry looking shiny and lustrous as ever. We do not recommend using tissue paper or paper towels to clean metal as they can cause minor scratching. jewelry which is mounted with gemstone can be cleaned with a soft toothbrush and soapy water, or with a proper jewelry cleaning solution. Make sure to not get your beads or strings of pearls wet.
Wipe pearls with a soft damp cloth after wearing to get rid of perfume, hairspray and any other residue which can likely damage them. Don't use harsh, abrasive cleaners on jewelry.
Loose Gemstone care :
Exquisite gemstones have fascinated people since ancient times. These treasured pieces grab attention due to their color variety, different shapes, and sparkling brilliance. But if you think that loose gemstones do not need any kind of care due to their tough nature, then you are mistaken. These sparkling stones are hard but not indestructible. Therefore it goes without saying that all precious and semi-precious stones must be cleaned frequently at least once in a couple of months. You do not need any special appliances or instruments to clean them, it can be done at the convenience of your home. Most stones work well when cleaned with a mild detergent and warm water. Gently Scrub them with a soft bristle brush, preferably a baby brush. Avoid scrubbing too hard else you may end up scratching the stone instead. Rinse the stone again and dry it gently with the help of a soft, lint-free cloth.